Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sorry for the ravings, but you have a problem San Francisco

I apologize for my previous post. I was angry and irrational and now I have calmed down.

But the reason is I got so upset is that Guidespot.com article is EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH US, SAN FRANCISCO. No, not everyone can be a hipster. Perhaps this mindset is leftover from California elementary schools that taught every kid that he or she was special, when clearly, one was funny, one was fat, one was pretty, one could shoot snot out his nose and suck it back up, and the rest were just nothing spectacular to speak of.

This "you can be anything you want to be and you want to be a hipster" attitude is precisely why I end up sitting in a darkened bar having to listen to myriad nonhipsters go on and on about how hipster they and all their friends are. And I think to myself as I stir my dirty shirley temple, if all those beautiful boys I pined away after in New York could hear this they would be turning over in their graves. If they were dead. Which they aren't. Which is totally a hipster thing to be: alive and unabashed about it, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment